- 2 kg. mutton
- 2 kg. rice (polished, long grain)
- 2 kg. onions
- 2 kg. carrots
- 8 heads of garlic
- 1.5 liters of vegetable oil
- 2 liters of water
- seasoning for pilaf (sold in the market, more cumin and saffron)
- cauldron 12 liters
Step-by-step cooking recipe
1.Fill rice with cold water and soak for 2 hours.
2. mode for coarse meat, onions, carrots.
3. clean the garlic from the top skin, keeping the heads (do not disassemble by the cloves).
4. warm up the cauldron, add 1,250 liters. vegetable oil and bring to a boil, then add the onion, fry it until golden brown.
5. Then add meat and water to the fried onions (see photo). cook for an hour, until the meat begins to fall apart.
6. Add the carrots and the remaining oil, seasoning, salt to the resulting mixture and stick the garlic on top. Cook until the carrots are soft (about 30 minutes).
7. We take out the garlic, carefully spread the rice along the pyrimeter of the cauldron, add water so that it is 3 cm higher than the rice. Insert the semi-finished garlic, close the lid and cook over low heat for 30 minutes. as soon as the rice begins to swell (water should still remain on top), remove from heat and wrap the cauldron in a blanket (30 minutes). The pilaf is ready.